Image courtesy of Moms Meet
So what makes Skeeter a standout as far as nut free? They have a seriously hardcore process they go through. From their website:
- All food shall be tested for the presence of peanut and tree nut allergens consistent with this policy. Testing will include on-site, performed by the processor/manufacturer, and lab tests performed by accredited private laboratories.
- All ingredients are either obtained from vendors and suppliers who certify that their goods are nut free or are tested onsite for TPA prior to use.
- Test results shall be filed by the processor/manufacturer with copies being provided to Skeeter Snacks within 3 business days following the tests completion.
- Outside Laboratories performing nut allergen testing shall be instructed to report any positive test results within 24 hours of the result.
- Results of all negative tests must be submitted to the manufacturer within 5 business days of the test, and to Skeeter technical within 3 further business days.
- No Skeeter Snacks product lots shall be shipped from the manufacturing facility without documented approval of the facility QA designate and Skeeter technical designate.
Each and every food production lot shall be tested. Should the food contain any “non nut free certified” ingredients, the food will also be tested after any lot change of the specific ingredient.
For more details on the actual tests performed, go HERE.
In short, they go above and beyond to assure that nut free truly means nut free. And they have lots of kid-friendly flavors, too, like chocolate chip and honey, cinnamon and chocolate grahams. And yes, they're shaped like squirrels.
As for the taste, that was not left out at all. It was all I could do to keep my kids out of them, and I still kept finding random wrappers through the house. These are ideal for many school-related situations, from lunch to snacks, to keep handy at home for visitors, and would even be a great alternative trick-or-treat option.
You should really check them out. They're available at Walmart and other local stores near you!
I received a discount for review purposes via Moms Meet. My opinions and sneaky children are my own.
Post a Comment