A Pennsylvania native, Hershey's is a part of my life from childhood. I didn't think they could do anything to make me love them more. But I was so, so wrong.
I was honored with the Chocolate with Almond flavor, but it is also available in Chocolate, and Chocolate with Hazelnut.
Courtesy of the hersheys.com website.
When I shared with my group, I tried to showcase the diversity of the spread. Straight from the jar, it is delicious. No question. As a dipping sauce or spread, it's the bomb. Fruit, pretzels, on a peanut butter sandwich, you name it. If you really want something fun, give it a few seconds zap in the micro and dip potato chips in it. It sounds weird, but it's really good.
I made a tray of dipped fresh apples and oranges, and using disposable plastic spoons, made samples for everyone to get the true awesomeness in pure form.
But best of all, you can bake with it! I found a super fab recipe for an S'mores bar that uses another kind of spread, and tweaked it a bit. Since Hershey's has always said S'mores to me, I figured it would be even better. You can find the original recipe here. Hers sounds a bit healthier than mine. (.:
S'mores Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup Hershey's Spread
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with a cut piece of parchment paper.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients. I added the chocolate chips and marshmallows after the other ingredients were mixed.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low.
- Turn off heat and add the Hershey's Spread, honey, oil, vanilla and water.
- Using a small whisk, combine well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and with the back of a large spoon, press into the baking dish evenly.
- Bake 28-30 minutes.
- It may look soft, but it will firm up as it cools.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
They are SO Good. It's like no-bake cookie meets S'more. Chewy and decadent.
These spreads are LITERAL awesomesauce. People just loved it in all forms. I've personally tried the Chocolate flavor as well, and I can't wait to try the Hazelnut. They have that fabulous Hershey's taste you know and love, and the texture is perfect for many uses. It melts quickly and easily, and doesn't clabber up. I'm excited to see what else I can use it for.
I received a free product from Hershey's and Crowdtap in exchange for my review and sharing. My opinions are my own.