At first, it was a bit tricky to find in stores, most likely because it was new. I picked it up at Kroger, but lately I've also seen it at Target.
The Honestly Good line is all natural, for real, and it's frozen. They really can combine. And the best part, at least in my opinion...THE SAUCE IS ON THE SIDE. Seriously.
I don't like my rice saturated with sauce, and ditto my meat. I always wonder how many calories I'd save if I held the power over sauce. It does require an extra step...you have to toss the sauce packet in cold water while you warm up the meal, but since I'm getting a fresh meal in 3 minutes, I'm not going to fret about it.
The flavors are:
- Pomegranate Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain pilaf with currants, green beans, wax beans, ribbon cut carrots, served with a pomegranate glaze
- Lemongrass Salmon with coconut-crusted salmon filet, brown rice with wheatberries and slivered almonds, snap peas, orange & yellow carrots, edamame, served with ginger lemongrass sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain cavatappi pasta, sea salt & lemon-seasoned broccoli florets, served with roasted red pepper sauce
- Plum-Ginger Grain-Crusted Fish with grain-crusted wild caught whole fish filet, brown rice with edamame, snap peas, wax beans, carrots, served with plum ginger sauce
- Pineapple Black Pepper Beef with whole tender beef cuts, brown & wild rice with pineapple & silvered almonds, green & wax beans, orange & yellow carrots, served with pineapple black pepper sauce
- Honey Citrus Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain radiator pasta mixed with spinach, slivered almonds and sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli florets, yellow zucchini, served with a honey citrus sauce
I personally tried the Lemongrass Salmon and the Pineapple Black Pepper Beef.
Pretty on target. Don't the veggies look fabulous? They had a nice amount of crunch to them. The salmon crust left a bit to be desired...it was a bit thick and hid the salmon flavor. The salmon, though, was moist and tasty...I didn't think frozen salmon could avoid being dry, but they pulled it off. The lemongrass in the sauce was a bit strong for me, and made it a little bitter. But all in all, it was a great experience....the rice blend was very tasty. I did clean my plate.
Gorgeous, I thought. The meat was quite tender, which exceeded my expectations, and was a very decent serving size. Again, the veggies were perfectly steamed, and the rice blend was great. The almonds could have been a more crunchy element..I wasn't keen on the steamed feel. The flavor was welcome, though. The sauce was very good...not too sweet, but with a bit of acridity from the pepper, and you could taste the pineapple.
I could see myself stocking up on these for those days when I'm tempted to pick up fast food. They're great for taking into work, to avoid temptation. I'll be stopping at this area of the freezer section very often from here on out.
I received free products from BzzAgent in exchange for my review. My opinions are mine, and true.